On 9-10-2016 21:38, Alex wrote:
Hi all,

I've been experimenting with penalizing bulk mailers with points, but
there's a bulk email that was quarantined that apparently the users
actually want, so I'd like to just whitelist it.

I've added a whitelist_auth entry with the sender, but testing the
email afterwards doesn't show it's been whitelisted.

It's also unclear from the docs whether the From: address can be used,
or the more difficult MAILFROM address must be used, considering it
would be SPF that's used to authenticate it.

I've pasted the header here:
http://pastebin.com/ysq4A1nU

The whitelist entry I've created is:
whitelist_auth bo...@azhdi.com

The email passes SPF, but DKIM apparently isn't fully authenticated,
as it doesn't contain the DKIM_VALID_AU.

The sender is sendgrid.net, using an Envelope-From that contains a
random ID, making it impossible to use the whole address for the
whitelist_auth entry.

It's probably not a good idea to penalize sendgrid.net with 1.5
points, but I'm more interested in how to properly whitelist mails
like this for now.

Perhaps there's a better way to deal with bulk mailers like sendgrid
you might recommend?

whitelist_from_dkim bo...@azhdi.com sendgrid.net

Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::DKIM

--