From: David Jones <djo...@ena.com>
Sent: Sunday, October 9, 2016 1:03:42 PM
To: Alex; SA Mailing list
Subject: Re: whitelist_auth and how to test

>The sender is sendgrid.net, using an Envelope-From that contains a

>random ID, making it impossible to use the whole address for the
>whitelist_auth entry.

>It's probably not a good idea to penalize sendgrid.net with 1.5
>points, but I'm more interested in how to properly whitelist mails
>like this for now.

>Perhaps there's a better way to deal with bulk mailers like sendgrid
>you might recommend?

Sendgrid.net is trustworthy and has a valid unsubscribe process so
they should be whitelisted safely with whitelist_auth.  Let your users
decide for themselves if they want to unsubscribe from any email
sent by sendgrid.net.

whitelist_auth *@sendgrid.net

There are many safe bulk senders like this.  It comes down to good
reputation with a valid opt-out process.