On 24/10/16 16:46, John Hardin wrote:

Paul:

I haven't looked at the plugin myself yet, but here's a suggestion:
have a mode where you can mark a RE as capturing a numeric value, and
the rule's hit value is the value that the RE captured. This would
(for example) let the AWL/TXREP mean be captured in a way it could be
compared using gt/lt in a meta. Perhaps:

 tagcapnum   __TXREP_IP_MEAN    _TXREP_IP_MEAN_ /^(-?[\d]+(?:\.\d+)?)$/
 meta        TAGMATCH_TXREP_IP_HIGHSCORE   __TXREP_IP_MEAN > 5.0
 describe    TAGMATCH_TXREP_IP_HIGHSCORE   TXRep mean score quite large
 score       TAGMATCH_TXREP_IP_HIGHSCORE   0.1

(...this sort of thing might be really useful as a general purpose
rule type in base SA too...)

Thanks for the suggestion John - this looks like an elegant solution to
the problem, I'll look into this at some point soon.

Paul
--
Paul Stead
Systems Engineer