John Hardin wrote:
On Mon, 9 Jan 2017, L A Walsh wrote:
I have:
   bayes_auto_learn_threshold_nonspam -5.0
   bayes_auto_learn_threshold_spam 10.0
in my user_prefs. When I get a message though, I see autolearn being set to 'no': X-Spam-Status: Yes, score=18.7 req=4.8..autolearn=no autolearn_force=no
Shouldn't a score of 18.7 trigger an autolearn?

Not all rules contribute to the score used for the autolearn decision. Particularly, the BAYES rules don't contribute to the autolearning decision in order to avoid positive feedback loops.
----
   That's why my "bayes_auto_learn" thresholds were fairly high.

    So why is it called bayes_auto_learn_threshold if it isn't used for
auto-learning?  Isn't that a bit confusing?