On Wed, Jan 11, 2017 at 10:31 AM, Antony Stone
<antony.st...@spamassassin.open.source.it> wrote:
> On Wednesday 11 January 2017 at 16:22:13, Michael B Allen wrote:

>> > Send it from the gmail account you used for this message?
>> >
>> > Antony.
>>
>> Hi Antony,
>>
>> I don't think that would work because it would not test the domain,
>> the IP, the received headers, DNS records and so on.
>
> Maybe I don't understand your mail setup fully, but why would any inbound
> email to your server contain those things *about your own domain*?

Under normal circumstances it would not. But for testing purposes I
wanted to see if I could use my SA installation to test my own mail
setup. Yes, it's a backwards thing to do but it would be a useful
diagnostic.

Fortunately mail-tester.com is nice enough to let us use their SA
installation instead. I would still like to be able to test my mail
against an SA installation that I have control over (not sure how
thorough the /usr/bin/spamassassin < example.eml method would be) but
for now mail-tester.com is good enough for me.

> Or, are you saying you want to check outbound email?

No.

Mike