>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> I want to try and detect malicious uri in the body of emails better and
>> thought there might be something I could use, since I imagine google
>> have
>> a good list of them. I found this link, but it fails to install.
>>
>> http://search.cpan.org/~danborn/Bundle-SafeBrowsing/lib/Bundle/SafeBrowsing.pm
>
> I think this one only supports the version 1 of the protocol, which is no
> longer supported. I think they are at version 3 now.

I was off by 1 in the version numbering. They are now at version 4 (and we
implemented version 3).

>> I'm using FreeBSD. Does anyone use this? Or do you have any other
>> suggestions?
>
> We use our own implementation of the v2 protocol. It doesn't hit on that
> many spam. But occasionally it hits on some spam/phishing runs.
>
> I am not sure if there is an implementation of the v3 protocol which can
> be easily used in SA... Our implementation will probably stop working at
> some point.

The Lookup API is probably not so hard to implement, but it would expose
all url's in your e-mail to google. The Update API prevents this by using
hashes but you are required to keep a local cache of hash prefixes which
is a lot more work to implement.