On Tue, 2 May 2017 09:20:49 -0700 (PDT)
John Hardin wrote:

> On Tue, 2 May 2017, Bowie Bailey wrote:

> >>  50_scores is handcoded default scores, 72_scores is generated from
> >>  masscheck
> >
> > That's what I thought, but what's the point of having handcoded
> > scores that are overridden by the generated scores?
>
> Reasonable default values are always a good idea.

It looks like 72_scores only holds scores for rules from 72_active.cf
plus scores for MSPIKE rules and SURBL_BLOCKED (what's that doing
there?).

If 72_scores holds generated scores why are so many of then 1.000?

You say that 50_scores is "handcoded default scores", but at the top
of the file there's a big block of scores that are claimed to have been
set by perceptron, which I understand fell-off a long time ago. They
certainly look autogenerated.

On the face of it it looks a lot of the rules I assumed were autoscored
are using scores generated years ago.