On Tue, 2 May 2017, RW wrote:

On Tue, 2 May 2017 09:20:49 -0700 (PDT)
John Hardin wrote:

On Tue, 2 May 2017, Bowie Bailey wrote:

On 5/2/2017 11:53 AM, John Hardin wrote:
 On Tue, 2 May 2017, Bowie Bailey wrote:

 I was checking to see what the scores for mailspike were on my
server and I noticed that there are two sets of scores.

 Is this expected?

 50_scores is handcoded default scores, 72_scores is generated from
 masscheck

That's what I thought, but what's the point of having handcoded
scores that are overridden by the generated scores?

Reasonable default values are always a good idea.

It looks like 72_scores only holds scores for rules from 72_active.cf
plus scores for MSPIKE rules and SURBL_BLOCKED (what's that doing
there?).

If 72_scores holds generated scores why are so many of then 1.000?

Limits?

You say that 50_scores is "handcoded default scores", but at the top
of the file there's a big block of scores that are claimed to have been
set by perceptron, which I understand fell-off a long time ago. They
certainly look autogenerated.

Check the revision history in SVN.

   http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/spamassassin/trunk/rules/50_scores.cf

On the face of it it looks a lot of the rules I assumed were autoscored
are using scores generated years ago.

Potentially. I have not done a detailed review.

  Maxim IV: Close air support covereth a multitude of sins.
 6 days until the 72nd anniversary of VE day