On Fri, 5 May 2017 17:45:37 +0000
David Jones wrote:

> From: RW <rwmailli...@googlemail.com>

> >> This actually would be a very useful rule/logic to add to SA:
> >>
> >> https://blog.returnpath.com/why-passing-and-aligning-both-spf-and-dkim-is-key-to-email-deliverability/
> >>

> >So what would be the point in running a separate DKIM test against
> >the envelope if you are looking for alignment.
>
> I don't think this would be a separate DKIM test necessarily.  It
> should be a combination of SPF_PASS + DKIM_VALID_AU + the
> envelope-from matches the DKIM-signed domain.  This is basically
> perfect DMARC alignment where the domain has "p=reject" and DMARC
> would pass meaning the domain was not spoofed.

Alignment of the two from address is needed in DMARC so that SPF can
match on the same domain that the MUA displays (if it even does). It
doesn't do anything for DKIM.

I don't seen why anyone one would want a form of whitelisting where a
DKIM pass on a trusted domain would be ignored if there's no SPF
pass.