On Oct 17, 2010, at 11:02, Nelson Cabral wrote:

> I downloaded apache 2.2.16 sources and compiled with make, but where
> are the binaries ? I'm not familiar with linux conventions :-/ Do
> binaries have an extension ?

No, binaries on UNIX do not have any filename extensions.

Each project is free to organize its directory structure however it likes;
there isn't any standard place within the source directory where the binaries
are guaranteed to be. After you've built apache, the "find" command on the
apache source directory could help you locate where they've decided to put
their binaries. Here's what I get on my system:

$ find httpd-2.2.16 -name apxs
httpd-2.2.16/support/apxs

By the way, it turns out apxs is not a binary at all but an executable script.