On Oct 17, 2010, at 09:40, Nelson Cabral wrote:

> Not installed (find & which don't return anything).
> I guess I have to install apache-devel, haven't I? Are there
> instructions somewhere? 'apache-devel' on google returns nothing :-/
>

> In case you wonder, it looks like ipkg only install compiled software.
> For my NAS, available packages are here
> http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/optware/syno-x07/cross/unstable/ .
> I can't find any apxs on this list.

"apache-devel" is what some package managers might call the headers and other
parts of apache that are only needed in order to build other software that uses
it. Apparently the ipkg package manager does not provide any packages of this
kind. (Well, I found exactly one in the list: cyrus-imapd-devel.) I guess they
don't want to make it easy for you to install other software on that box. If
you really want to do it, you'll have to wade through compiling everything
yourself.