On 11/30/2010 12:19 PM, Andrey Repin wrote:

Yes, I would not expect fast indexed full-text searches across names and content
to ever be a part of the version control system itself.  But the functionality
to find filename changes is there - just 'log -v' from the top.

Where you see a reference to full-text search in my quote? I have intentionally
omit that part of your reply.

I think you are asking for a search for the text of a path/filename across revisions - but maybe that was the way someone else interpreted the problem. Following an object's path as it may fan out into different paths/names or be deleted in later revs is a somewhat different concept and perhaps closer to what you need to convert your
svn log -r 0:head file://${HOME}/trash/repo/f...@3
transparently into
svn log -r 0:4 file://${HOME}/trash/repo/f...@3
But, if you had tagged this version or made similar copies elsewhere or renamed it, wouldn't you want a forward-following system to track into the new path(s) as it does going backwards now instead of ending when one of its names was deleted?

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikes...@gmail.com