On 12/1/10 5:30 AM, Andrey Repin wrote:

What database operation is fast when it has to follow recursive
self-references in the same table?

SELECT operation, even on a multitude of arguments, is relatively fast.
Hell, even UNION JOIN over a NetFlow data is just about a few seconds.

You miss the point that you have to join the table with another field in the same table. This is not going to be fast.

Nota a concern. Mainline go on and at some point die (if at all), giving all
sort of hints, as to where to look further, in process.

It might. Or a file could be moved in every revision.

svn log -r 0:head file://${HOME}/trash/repo/f...@3
It only looks in head because that command asks it for the history of
head.

No.
Really, I see this as pointless discussion. You absolutely don't hear my
arguments.

Same from this side...

P.S.
Please don't use "reply to all" in reply to my posts. It's not a big problem
deleting a few more messages from my inbox, still it's disturbing.
TIA.

That's the way mailing lists have always worked. Unless the Reply-To: header is set to go back to the list, you have to use reply-all to get one to go to the list. This list doesn't set it, but you can set it yourself if you want to control where replies go.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikes...@gmail.com