Have you considered doing a binary search to find the revision that it was
deleted in?

svn ls .../t...@2
Exists
svn ls .../t...@head
No such file in revision 50002
svn ls .../t...@25002
Exists
svn ls .../t...@37502
No such file
svn ls .../t...@31252
Exists, etc

You'll get the revision in at most log2 HEAD iterations

- Stephen

---
Sent from my Android phone, so random spelling mistakes are a direct result
of using swype to type on the screen

On 28 Nov 2010 06:30, "Andrey Repin" <anrdae...@freemail.ru> wrote:

Greetings, Les Mikesell!

>>> The change for that rev happened in the directory above.
>>
>> I'm looking for directory alread...
Wat? It start with HEAD irrelevant to what PEG revision we've specified.
And immediately spitting "no such file", although the file is 100% there.

> of the revision before the delete and the log will track it back
> through it's entire history.
I specified PEG revision. Documentation clearly states that PEG revision has
precedence over operative revision in conflicting names resolution, but for
absent files (name conflicting with void) it not seems to be the case.

Yes, but it's still a deletion.

> The log of the renamed file will have it, as will the directories
containing
> the changes to the...
Unfortunatelly. It only show that file was renamed, but does not show the
new
name. (Or old name? One of them - see the log below)

>>> It is not that it isn't tracked. It just isn't tracked where you are
looking
>>> for it.

I beg to differ.
I'm asking to
1. Pick the file (directory) /test at revision 2
2. Track it's changes history from revision 0 to HEAD.
3. I'm fully aware that the directory does not exist in HEAD, neither I ask
Subversion to look there in first place. (literal meaning of "first place")
4. Quite (un)surprisingly, my intent is to actually find revision, in which
the destruction was made. Because, quite (un)surprisingly, I don't know
that.

See the order of instructions? Do I need to refer to the svnbook chapter
discussing PEG and operative revisions, or you can find it yourself?

>> [C:\]$svn log -v -r 0:3 -- http://svn.darkdragon/repos/t...@2
>> -------------------------------...
I could have pointed to any other of the revisions between @PEG and HEAD,
which will net the very same result - unless I guess it right, the process
will not start at all.

> I guess it could be more polite about giving you the revisions it can find
> along with the error...
Nah, it could just obey to @PEG rule. Everything will be simpler.
Unless there's absolutely no other way to track the file from @PEG, which i
doubt, since you DO can access the file by @PEG, as well as navigate back in