On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 7:32 PM, Daniel Shahaf <d...@daniel.shahaf.name> wrote:
> Johan Corveleyn wrote on Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 17:15:40 +0100:
>> If I have more time, I'll try to search the archives some more.
>
> If it helps your code/mail grepping, I believe you're talking about
> svn_io_open_uniquely_named().

Thanks, Daniel! That was exactly the search term I needed. Here is the
thread (from the dev-list) that describes exactly the same problem:

http://svn.haxx.se/dev/archive-2010-04/0180.shtml

Neil, please read that thread, and you'll see that it describes
exactly the same problem. It contains some interesting discussions and
points. As far as I understand it, it has been fixed for 1.7, but not
backported to 1.6 (backport was suggested, but the discussion ended
somewhere "in the middle").

Maybe someone else can comment more on this, and why it wasn't
backported to 1.6 (or is it?).

HTH,
--
Johan