Hi,

I'm looking to migrate an existing repository from CVS into SVN and I've been
trying to find concrete examples of capacity limits.

Our workflow is to create private branches for bug fixing, feature development,
RC testing etc so we end up with a lot of branches and tags over time - CVS is
now struggling to support this (time taken to branch is hours).  I've seen
plenty examples given about the physical size or number of commits supported in
an SVN repository, but nothing about the number of branches and tags that can
be supported.

Basically I'm concerned about performance degradation over time if we continue
to create many branches.  The numbers I'm talking about are around 2000
branches and 3000 tags, increasing by about 500 per year.

Any information or links appreciated.

Thanks,

Colin Fraser

This electronic message (whether email or facsimile) and any attachments may
contain confidential, proprietary or non-public information. This information
is intended solely for the designated recipient(s).  If you are not the
designated recipient, please notify the sender immediately and destroy this
message.  Any review, dissemination, use or reliance upon this information by
unintended recipients is prohibited.  Any opinions expressed in this message
are the personal views of the author.

Level Four Software Ltd. Registered in Scotland No. SC157659. Registered
office: Level Four House, Pitreavie Court, Dunfermline, Fife, KY11 8UU, UK

Level Four Americas LLC. 5960 Fairview Road, Suite 400, Charlotte, NC 28210, USA

Level Four (Middle East). Al Thuraya Tower 1, 2nd Floor - Office 209, Dubai
Internet City, P.O. Box 500274, Dubai, U.A.E