On Oct 20, 2011, at 2:03 PM, Les Mikesell wrote:
> No, I'm just being difficult because you didn't seem to care about the
> potential for losing uncommitted changes.

Why would you lose them? The upgrade process doesn't delete or modify your
files, right? It only changes the contents of the .svn dir.

As has been posted (I don't remember which thread; probably not this one, but
in one of the numerous threads about this issue), you can just use some sort of
diff utility to copy your uncommitted changes to a clean checkout. If you don't
have any uncommitted deletes, you could even just delete all .svn dirs in your
broken WC, then copy what's left on top of the fresh WC. Something to the
effect of:

cd $broken_wc; find . -name .svn | xargs rm -r; pax -rw . $fresh_wc

(untested, but you get the idea)
INet: k...@azeotrope.org |  they raise a paw / the bat, the cat /
Dahan: Hani G Y+C 35 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++