On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 2:18 PM, Dave Huang <k...@azeotrope.org> wrote:

> On Oct 20, 2011, at 2:03 PM, Les Mikesell wrote:
>> No, I'm just being difficult because you didn't seem to care about the
>> potential for losing uncommitted changes.
>
> Why would you lose them? The upgrade process doesn't delete or modify your
> files, right? It only changes the contents of the .svn dir.
>
> As has been posted (I don't remember which thread; probably not this one, but
> in one of the numerous threads about this issue), you can just use some sort
> of diff utility to copy your uncommitted changes to a clean checkout. If you
> don't have any uncommitted deletes, you could even just delete all .svn dirs
> in your broken WC, then copy what's left on top of the fresh WC. Something to
> the effect of:
>
> cd $broken_wc; find . -name .svn | xargs rm -r; pax -rw . $fresh_wc
>
> (untested, but you get the idea)

I'd sort of expect an rsync with the -C option to get it mostly right.
 But then again I would have expected a 1.6 working copy that was
working with 1.6 programs to not be considered corrupt by 1.7 so I'm
not sure how you'd know what to propagate over without breaking
things.

--
  Les Mikesell
    lesmikes...@gmail.com