Guys,

I think you're needlessly over-complicating things.

Genuinely - what's wrong with just saving the modified item to a new name (e.g.
$item.reverted)?

Okay - you /might/ end up with files "cluttering up" a working copy ... so you
remove them if they're troubling you. They won't have been created unless you
explicitly opted-in to have the revert save the modifications. If you actually
wanted to keep them then they're not going to trouble you.

Sure this doesn't handle directory reverts but it's an improvement without any
major change to the behaviour of the revert command, no change to the format of
working copies or anything else like that. Surely some simple benefit is better
than ending up with a feature that's going to take a massive amount of effort
to develop and test?

Dg.

Information in this email including any attachments may be privileged,
confidential and is intended exclusively for the addressee. The views expressed
may not be official policy, but the personal views of the originator. If you
have received it in error, please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete
it from your system. You should not reproduce, distribute, store, retransmit,
use or disclose its contents to anyone. Please note we reserve the right to
monitor all e-mail communication through our internal and external networks.
SKY and the SKY marks are trademarks of Sky plc and Sky International AG and
are used under licence. Sky UK Limited (Registration No. 2906991), Sky-In-Home
Service Limited (Registration No. 2067075) and Sky Subscribers Services Limited
(Registration No. 2340150) are direct or indirect subsidiaries of Sky plc
(Registration No. 2247735). All of the companies mentioned in this paragraph
are incorporated in England and Wales and share the same registered office at
Grant Way, Isleworth, Middlesex TW7 5QD.