Hi,
On 8/13/2016 2:56 AM, Adam Jensen wrote:
My primary concerns are related to any potential file corruption, any
data duplication, and/or any excessive network or disk I/O (other than
the expected load of direct data communication).
Just to have this mentioned: Be aware that the working copy (aka: the checked out data of the repository) will have a 2x storage requirement on the data since it will keep a copy of the pristine version of the file in addition to the "actual" file. If this is a concern for your use-case, you could export the files and only use a working copy in cases where you need to commit or reorder files.

To clarify: This is purely a client side storage requirement. It does not apply to the storage requirements on the server side.

--
Regards,
Stefan Hett