Le 13/01/2024 à 22꞉11, Nico Kadel-Garcia a écrit :
On Sat, Jan 13, 2024 at 4:02 PM Johan Corveleyn<jcor...@gmail.com>  wrote:
On Sat, Jan 13, 2024 at 8:28 PM roger21<roge...@free.fr>  wrote:
hey there

suddenly i can't connect to github anymore (svn update or svn checkout)

i get the following error:

svn checkouthttps://github.com/roger21/fract.git
svn: E170013: Unable to connect to a repository at URL
'https://github.com/roger21/fract.git'
svn: E160013: '/roger21/fract.git' path not found
Apparently, GitHub has removed its support for the Subversion protocol:

https://github.blog/changelog/2024-01-08-subversion-has-been-sunset/

--
Johan
The "git-svn" module has been my go-to tool for accessing legacy

Partial checkouts are somewhat possible with GIT but what is preventing me from migrating our repository is the lack of svn:external mechanism. I don't want multirepos, and even then submodules are to be updated manually everytime where svn:external are automatically up to date. And ideally, I would also need file externals support even if I could settle for folder external if that's all there is. I looked a various solutions but none where as easy to use for developers than externals when doing a "svn update" at the root of the checkout.

That being said, I'd be quite happy to be proven wrong.