First of all I would like to state that I am quite happy with the logo
as it is now and I do not see any need for a change.

Second, and I really do not want to insult anybody, there are already
lots of open source projects that have logos that may cause eye cancer.

If I have learned one thing about graphic design, then it is that this
is a task that should be done by professional designers and definitely
not by developers. The same applies to java development done by graphic
designers.

Just my 0.02 euro

detlef