The more I use the GWT, the more impressed I am. This could be the
killer framework java has needed. The ease of use and more traditional
GUI programming model approach plus the power of the resulting
components is a real winner. It will be interesting to see what T5 has
in store, but I've yet to hear a true road map - only hearsay about
ideas on a drawing board. This may be heresy, but as much as Tapestry
was an improvement over Struts (and many other MVCs), it seems that
GWT (IMO) is that much further towards the ideal solution over Tap.
Don't get me wrong, I love Tapestry for what it has done and the
impression it has made in the community. I fondly remember the feeling
of freedom from moving away from Struts. Yet, technology moves on at a
faster clip than everyone is able to keep up with. This may be the
death knoll for all previous next-gen frameworks.