I'm evaluating Tapestry, and facelets, for use in a Portlet based project. We
need to migrate an exsiting Servlet/JSP based application to Portlets.

Currently I'm leaning towards Tapestry, from a coding standpoint it seems much
cleaner to me. The only problem is the initial overhead when adding a portlet to
a page. I understand this is because creating the per Portlet instance of the
Hivemind registry takes some time. My simple test portlet written in facelets
adds to the page in about a second, but the tapestry version takes about 10. The
customer probably won't stand for this.

Is there anything I can do to reduce this initial hit? Is this something being
addressed in 4.1 ?

Thanks

John