I only use trails for my Tapestry-4 development. Mainly because I enjoyed
the steep initial learning curve of tapestry and needed something to lean
on.

The main reason I liked and like trails is because the ant scripts together
with hibernate tools generate all tables in my MySQL database automatically
from my POJOs. I just need to grok how to @annotate right, which in itself
have been interresting, so all lookup tables, collections, relations, etc.
gets done.

Another big goodie is that trails have a default list, search and edit page
for all POJOs, which are plain Tapestry html/page combos.  Also, there are
ant/maven tasks to generate individual list or edit pages for POJOs.

Then theres the fairly easy to use acegi security (I use a separate site to
the same database for "unsecure" pages out of lazyness), with an ant task to
add and another to initialize (create default tables for admin, etc.)

Really, I can't see why you _souldn't_ use trails for everything and then
changes the bits you need to change. If you need to do heavy whiz-bang
end-user pages, at least you'll have your administrative pages for free.

Cheers,
PS

On 6/6/06, Carl Pelletier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi everyone, I'm looking for feedback here, I planning of using Trails to
help gain speed with my Tapestry 4.0 development. Somebody use it? Should
I ? What are the pinfall ? What are your advise...

Thanks for your feedback



Reply via email to