From: Geoff Longman [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, June 15, 2006 1:09 PM
To: Tapestry users
Subject: Re: custom namespace

Good God No!

While I love the idea of auto discovery of libraries, every time I see
a quick suggestion to use Hivemind I cringe.

IMO HM is *required* to do too many everyday things in T4. HM should
be relegated to use when the *implementation of the runtime* needs to
be changed or enhanced because a convention doesn't handle a
particular case. A normal everyday user should be able to build
libraries, have full featured ASO's, and build services without ever
writing a line of HM config.

That puts a lot more pressure on the committers to identify the
everyday tasks and find intelligent conventions for users to do
something without writing HM code. That doesn't mean HM is out of the
mix, it's just out of sight and available for those 1% cases where you
just have to make Tap behave differently from the convention. Really,
in a perfect world the Tapestry docs would make no reference to HM
except in an appendix.

end of rant!

Geoff

The Spindle guy. http://spindle.sf.net