I completely agree with you since myself is also very techie. While, if I
put the business hat on, things are viewed very differently. I personally
have so much experience in this area. Being a Architect, I have to work with
different people at different levels, developers, managers, project
managers, client managers, client support, bisiness analysts, client
architect group, sales, et al. One proposal or solution will go through
reviews, reviews. For any solution, you need to have strong arguments to
support it. It's a very hard time for me. I like the new ideas, I like to
explore new technologies. But please give a path to upgrade, it's very very
important to the business world. You know what dirve a company to upgrade:
the support, the liveliness of a product. No upgrade path, it's viewed as a
bad investment. We had a project that use SilverStream, when it was aquired
by Novell. The SilverStream programming model is desupported and no
conversion or upgrade path to J2EE are provided. We have to rewrite. Do we
use SilverStream any more? No.

I chose Tapestry at first and completed a prototype with Tapestry 4 and
dojo. Now the project started, I stopped Tapestry, use dojo completely. One
of the reasons is the future of Tapestry is very unclear to me. It is a very
risky thing to use Tapestry in a company setting. I think that Tapestry is
still in a stage for  consultants. To make Tapestry into the mainstream,
Tapestry needs to be run like a business. Otherwise, ... ...

Although I dropped Tapestry, I still think that Tapestry has some technical
advantages, I will continue follow up Tapestry.

Wish Tapestry have a good future.