Oh,  simply to be able to dynamically modify the pages component graph
programatically.

For example, something like you might do in Swing, or Echo, or Wicket,
or PRADO or .NET or JSF or GWT or anything else..

 // echo
add(new Link("link") { public void onClick() { } });

// swing
 getContentPane().add(new JButton("Hello") , null ) );

 // echo
       Window window = new Window();
       ContentPane content = new ContentPane();
       window.setContent(content);
       Label label = new Label("Hello, World!");
       content.add(label);

// ASP.NET
    Button newButton = new Button();
   newButton.Text = "New Button";
   newButton.ID = "newButton";
   newButton.Click += new System.EventHandler(this.newButton_Click);
    this.PlaceHolder.Add(newButton);

etc.

I know the reason (and its very, very valid) behind the limitation in
tapestry: applications scale better when the application needs to
maintain only the data for a particular request bound to the page and
not data on the page component graph itself... but theres got to be
some sort of compromise. being able to dynamically add controls is
what makes things like a portal or even a module mechanism feasible..
I hope this is clearer...

Peace,
Josh

On 7/31/06, Korbinian Bachl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi,

what exactly do you mean with " to add components programatically" ?

Regards,