Maybe you could just create your own Tapestry form (just like you do
for any other page) and submit it.  Within the form's processing, you
could use the Acegi API
(SecurityContextHolder.getContext().setAuthentication() maybe?) to set
up the security context, authenticating however you want.  The
HttpSessionContextIntegrationFilter will take care of storing it in
the session for you so that each subsequent request will be
authenticated.  I should maybe look at integrating the "remember me"
stuff into the pipeline.  I could create a special module called
tapestry-acegi-rememberme or something so that you could just drop in
a jar to allow "remember me" services.