> but I think there's tremendous value in imposing some sort of
> standard build lifecycle and directory structure, not to mention
> transitive
> dependency management.

Sure - but in my opinion this shouldn't be imposed by a web application
framework. I should be able to decide whether to use Maven in my project
and  not Tapestry. What if I'm not allowed to use Maven in a company. I
worked on a project that for security reasons didn't allow any stuff being
downloaded onto a developer's workstation from the internet. I want to be
able just to grab the required libraries and setup my project as I see
fit. This insulates me from things like; the repositories being
unreachable, faulty new versions of plugins, etc. etc.

Howard, please... respond.
-J.