The function rpcFunction() is the async part.

I'm using dojo , so the function looks like :

function rpcFunction() {
   var kw = {
       url:    "${urlFromClass}",
       load:    function(type, data, evt) {
                    // do what you want with "data" retrieved from server
side
                },
       method: "GET",
       mimetype:"text/json"
   };
   dojo.io.bind(kw);
}

Alex

On 5/2/07, Bill Holloway <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Also, what do you do with yourUrl once you have it?  In addition, the
JSONRpcClient constructor expects to be talking to a servlet.  T5 is a
ServletFilter.

Bill

On 5/2/07, bjornharvold <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> That's great.... but is this asynchronous?
>

> Alexandru Dragomir wrote:
> >
> > Yes , you could do like this :
> >
> > template:
> >

> > <script>
> >
> >    rpcFunction() {
> >     var yourUrl=${urlFromClass}
> >    }
> > </script>
> >

> > component class :
> >
> > @Inject
> > private ComponentResources resources;
> >
> > public String getUrlFromClass() {
> >      return resources.createActionLInk("rpcTrigger",false).toString();
> > }
> >
> > StreamResponse onRpcTrigger() {
> >      //build your json object and wrapp it in a StreamResponse
> >     return streamResponse;
> > }
> >
> > hope i haven't forgot  anything.
> >
> > Alex
> >

> > On 5/2/07, bjornharvold <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >>

> >> Sounds interesting. I looked at component events. Are you saying that
you
> >> can
> >> invoke a component action based on a javascript event such as
> >> "mouseDown"?
> >> To me it seems that you can only invoke based on a submit action. I
want
> >> the
> >> UI, through AJAX, to talk to some service and get JSON data back. The
URL
> >> the json data could be as simple as a link to a jsp that creates the
json
> >> data string.
> >>
> >> When I meant jsonrpc-bridge I meant the specific open source
> >> implementation
> >> here: http://oss.metaparadigm.com/jsonrpc/index.html

> >> bridge

> >> --

"The future is here.  It's just not evenly distributed yet."

     -- Traditional