I think you are right - it probably did happen when upgrading from
4.1.1 -> 4.1.2.

I changed a few things wrt OGNL and this is probably something related.

If you file a re-produceable bug report here
http://jira.opensymphony.com/browse/OGNL I will look in to it.
(re-produceable meaning that I have the ability to re-produce your
error exactly by knowing the object types (exact) and values involved
in whatever expressions aren't compiling.

Haven't heard about classes disappearing before so not sure what that
is.  The Tapestry 4.1 demos all run on 4.1.2 / tomcat.

On 8/21/07, Peter Stavrinides <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Can anyone help me to understand what's going on here... I run my servlet on
> Tomcat, it works great for a while, but then some classes seem to disappear,
> or at least they cant
> be found by Hivemind, and the log fills up with errors like this one:
>
> org.apache.hivemind.ApplicationRuntimeException: Unable to add method
> java.lang.Object get(ognl.OgnlContext, java.lang.Object) to class
> $ASTProperty_11488aa7b43:
> [source error] no such class: $RiskModel_61
> Caused by: javassist.CannotCompileException: [source error] no such class:
> $RiskModel_61
>
> What is javassist doing and why cant Hivemind find my classes any more? This
> error has appeared since upgrading to 4.1.2 from 4.1.1.
>
> Kind regards
> Peter

Jesse Kuhnert
Tapestry/Dojo team member/developer