Folks... per doc text that follows...

1. Components that inherit from BaseComponent will use an HTML template.

2. Components that inherit from AbstractComponent will render output in Java
code, by implementing method renderComponent() .

I would like to build a component that operates combined semantics... or at
least option 2 supporting the manipulation/usage of templates within JAVA.
Option 1 only supports handlers not necessarily rendering + JSON.

WHY? Some component templates are lengthy and I would not like to implement all
that rendering in the JAVA as it is too cluttered/cumbersome. Plus some
components are best fit in just a template and others are better fit in JAVA...
I have a component anatomy a bit complex that requires everything and I want to
distribute the implementation efficiently across both models.

Can tapestry-4.1.2 deliver?

If I commit to model #1 then I end up missing what I need. Same if I commit to
model #2. I need both.

Your feedback is appreciated.

Best regards
Ken in nashua