Em Sun, 14 Oct 2007 12:40:38 -0300, Howard Lewis Ship <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> escreveu:

This is heading a bit backwards from my initial goals, of naming conventions over annotations, and raises the question of the convention for naming such methods,

I think that to rely just on naming conventions has a serious disadvantage: one typo and the method is not invoked when it should.

Your example with annotations, copied below, has the con of letting the developer choose some bad method name. On the other hand, it's almost impossible get the contribution wrong: the compiler checks if FooBar is an existing class, something that wouldn't happen using just naming conventions.

@Contribute(FooBar.class)
public void whatWouldYouCallThis(Configuration<FooBarDatum> configuration) {

Thiago