I would like to add that "final release" is a very subjective term. Indeed, as you may read in the success stories, we are in production since october 1st using Tapestry 5.0.6 and it runs fine. I may add that 5.0.6 is probably more stable than many frameworks which would claim to be "final release".

Now, if you are waiting for features to be added for a final release, that's another matter. We decided we could go without build in Ajax for the time being and we shall upgrade once the 5.0.7 (with Ajax as I understood?) will contain a stable iteration of Ajax.

The benefits of being on the 5.x Tapestry versus 4.x are much more important than the inconveniences of being on a development branch with a few missing features.

Alex