Ok thanks.
I need to work on this component anyway. But things are not totally clear in my mind of the state of @Persist objects during the phase request. I 'm going to work on this as well.

Ezra Epstein a écrit :
Is it that the user object is null on page load?

If so, see the BeanEditForm's implementation of     void onPrepareFromForm()

Michael Courcy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: You're right

here it is,  I remove the "offending input"

and use this instead

${user}-- ${user.name}

And I get

[EMAIL PROTECTED] -- A name

Obviously user is not null.

I think the problem does not come from tapestry but from me.
I want to populate from the form directly to the bean. But this require to use either the beanEditForm or a custom component.

I 'm just influenced by other framework like struts2 for instance :

If you have something like that in your form

[input] When the form is submitted struts2 tries to find if the controller features a user property, and then if user features a name property
If the answer is yes to both it calls controller.getUser().setName("bla");

Ezra Epstein a �crit :
I always pause when hearing "100% sure."  An easy check/test is to remove the
offending  [input]  and stick in a simple ${user} and see if indeed you get the
toString() value for your user object.

Michael Courcy  wrote: I'm 100% sure, user is not null

I have a getter and a setter for both : name and user

Thanks
Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo a �crit :