On Fri, 14 Dec 2007 08:45:56 -0200, Kristian Marinkovic <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

i think choosing spring or tapestry-ioc is just a matter of taste. I do
use tapestry-ioc a lot because i develop tapestry 5 applications
and sometimes i do not need spring.

I beg to differ. Howard haven't used Spring or Guice for Tapestry 5's IoC need for a reason (or two). Read the "Why not Spring" section of http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry5/tapestry-ioc/.
-> Tapestry-IoC is more modular than Spring (drop-in modules is not possible in Spring AFAIK). -> Tapestry-IoC has a better way to wire beans (waaaaaaaaaay better than XML and way better than Spring's JavaConfig). Besides this, Tapestry-IoC has a wonderful bean scope: perthread, but I'm too lazy and busy to explain why is it so good here. :)

In other words: Tapestry-IoC has more features than spring-core, and these features are needed and/or wanted fo tapestry-core (the Web framework).

i use tapestry-ioc are contributions (helps seperate your appilcation
in useful drop-in modules) and the xml free configuration.

I think you answered your own question. :)

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
Desenvolvedor, Instrutor e Consultor de Tecnologia