You might want to know what tapestry does with your templates.
Tapestry reads your template and parses it - only once it changes!
So generating two pages (even with different content) just results
in using a parsed, preprocessed in memory representation of your
template. So tapestry strictly avoids disk-access and parsing
in production (when processing all templates on startup is
enabled).

So there is no need for the older cache it hack. As I mentioned
it is easy to play with your own cache implementation. But be
carefull about the components you place inside your cache. You
know context and event handling. But for displaying 'cached' content
it might be an option.

If you go ahead and try it you may post your benchmarks. I don't
know who has stretched it before but I guess caching is always a
hot topic so if you can provide new insides your are welcome.

Cheers,

Martin (Kersten)