On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 10:24 AM, Darío Vasconcelos
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> The thing that bothers me is,
>
>  I'm pretty sure that the Wicket community is misrepresented by this little
>  troll, and he's probably laughing every time he checks this mailing list to
>  see what kind of responses happened as a result to his last dull
>  characterization as a genuine Tapestry user.
>
>  Nevertheless, whoever this guy is, he's assuming that people will feel
>  offended by Wicket's technical superiorities over Tapestry or that, by
>  getting angry responses, people will fly away from Tap. I'm sure world
>  domination is not in Howard's agenda nor in ours, and proliferation of a

Actually, the name of my corporation is "TWD, Inc." and I'll let you
guess what that stands for :-)

>  framework has never been a consequence of nice and gentle mailing lists
>  (think Hibernate, Rails). We all just want to use a tool that helps us build
>  and maintain better sites with less work.

There's a spectrum of frameworks out there. I think Tapestry 5 scores
high marks across the board, from tiny to giant projects and the notes
I've been collecting form users back that up. I can't quite see
writing GMail in Tapestry 5 (but then again, GMail isn't written in
GWT either). And past a certain point, I think no HTML app, no matter
how much Ajax pixie dust has been sprinkled on it, can match against
Flex in terms of user experience.

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship