Hi,

@Persist annotation is bad for scalability and should be avoided where
possible. Of course, this cannot be always done.

If it is known that only couple of users uses the page (Admin console or
something.) then you can persist larger objects to session. And you don't
need to have that user object with addresses etc. hanging in the session for
the most of the time...

Use common sense where to optimize. Optimize only in areas where the reward
is significant: Don't use your valuable time where it doesn't matter.
Eventually server runs out of memory, no matter what you do if you are given
infinite amount of users.

If memory always runs out in production, (And the user count should be
acceptable.) then there is programming error that prevents jvm from
reclaiming the memory. See
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/library/j-leaks/index.html for more
information.

With T5 we haven't had single issue with this, but this can be due to many
things as Kristian pointed out.

 -99