I haven't been keeping up with what's going on in T4, alas.

This would imply that you must load/scan all pages at application
startup?  Otherwise, how could you know which aliases exist for which
pages?  This is something I've been trying to avoid for T5, as it will
ultimately get in the way of synthetic pages (that I have planned for
more Trails-like functionality in tapestry-hibernate).

On Wed, Jun 25, 2008 at 7:16 AM, Andreas Andreou <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I'd really like to suggest an approach similar to the UriTemplate annotation
> for
> T4 pages that's included in tacos...
>
> See
> http://fisheye3.atlassian.com/browse/tacos/tacos-4.1/trunk/tacos-annotations/src/java/net/sf/tacos/rest
>
> It even supports aliases, so, no worries if you decide to change names
> and still want to old bookmarks - just use:
>
> @UriTemplate(value="index", alias = {"home", "default"})
> public class Home { ... }
>

> On 6/25/08, Lutz Hühnken <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Shouldn't that be up to the developer (or whoever decides on the
>>  URLs)? If you don't want the page suffix, why not just name the page
>>  "Blogger" instead of "BloggerPage"? What if I wanted a url that reads
>>  "mypage"? Would I have to name the page "MyPagePage"? I'm all for
>>  convention over configuration, but here I feel some arbitrary rule
>>  would be unnecessarily imposed on the developer.
>>
>>  Just my two cents,
>>

>>  Lutz

>>  For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>>

> --
> Andreas Andreou - [EMAIL PROTECTED] - http://blog.andyhot.gr
> Tapestry / Tacos developer
> Open Source / JEE Consulting