Em Tue, 26 Aug 2008 15:05:19 -0300, Chris Lewis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> escreveu:

As far as tools go, the reason I'd side with DocBook is that there is a
plethora of processing tools available already, that can generate the
book in a myriad of formats (PDF, HTML ..). We could probably do the
same with XHTML, but we'd have to write some XSL to do our conversions
and we'd all have to stick to an agreed upon format.

There's no need to convert from XHTML to HTML. Using semantic CSS (including Paged Media http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS2/page.html), all we need to have a PDF version is a little bit more CSS and a browser. ;)

And yes, we would need to agree upon some CSS microformat, but there is boom (http://www.alistapart.com/articles/boom), a very simple CSS book microformat with some nice CSS files that we could tweak to our needs. It was even used to write a real (printed) book, as you can see in the link above.

Thiago