You have two ways of setting the currUser DAO:

1. Copy fields from one object to another.
Just add this to your code:

currUser.setUsername(user.getUsername);
currUser.setPassword(user.getPassword);

You don't have to assign the currUser field. That will the done for you by Tapestry.

2. Declare the ASO like this:

@ApplicationState(created=false)
private User currUser;

assign the field like this:

currUser = u;

Natia Gdzelishvili wrote:
I've tried to do this:
currUser=new User();
and then set some values but it does not work...

On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 2:26 PM, Natia Gdzelishvili