Just an idea, maybe hosting the book on assembla (http://www.assembla.com) would fit this project needs better. I've used assembla with great success in the past, it has all the things we need, an SVN repo, a forum, a chat room, an issue tracker, and more...

Alex Kotchnev wrote:
I've created a new project for the proposed book at
http://code.google.com/p/tapestry5-book , and posted the proposed table of
contents at
http://code.google.com/p/tapestry5-book/wiki/ProposedTableOfContents . Now
that I'm looking at it, it's a little disappointing as the TOC doesn't
really have anything new in it (e.g. some of it is covered in tutorials,
other is in the project docs, etc). However, I guess that the content really
can't be all that different - it's all about building web apps, covering the
same materials as the other documentation. In the end, I think that the book
will be different from the other existing documents based on its style and
breadth of content, and not so much in the topics it covers.

Anyway, I would like to create a mailing list and add everyone who has
expressed an interest in contributing to the book. Unfortunately, Google
Code doesn't have mailng lists, so I'll probably have to look around for
that (Nabble, maybe?). Any suggestions would be welcome here.

In terms of moving the proposed TOC forward, here are some of my next steps
:
1. Attribute the main sections of the project documentation into possible
chapters in the book.
2. Discuss feedback from this list on the content of the proposed TOC : e.g.
any alternative ideas on how to organize the book, changes to the proposed
chapter titles, order, etc.

It would be great if there are any volunteers to investigate some of the
issues that were discussed previously in the thread below, I'll probably
post the needed tasks somewhere on the wiki as well.

When we get our mailing list set up, I think that individuals or groups of
individuals can claim ownership of each chapter (and thus get "voting
rights" on the TOC, chapter layout, further modifications, etc.

Cheers,

Alex Kotchnev