On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 8:25 AM, Peter Stavrinides
> Hi everyone,

Hi!

> What are the effects of using Thread.sleep(myInterval) in an ASO? My
> understanding is that each user receives a separate instance of the ASO, but
> not
> necessarily on a separate thread, right?

Each user receives a seperate instance of the ASO. AFAIK, getting or
setting an ASO does not spawn a new thread. Don't forget that every
request is one thread, so it doesn't make much sense to use a new
thread to deal with ASOs, as they're going to be used in the request
processing.
For me :), the biggest questions is why would you want to insert a
delay in ASOs?

> If this is true then what happens after Thread.sleep is active, and the next
> user asks for his/her ASO? does a new thread spawn? or is there a lag?

A lag.

--
Thiago