On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 10:46 AM, James Sherwood
<jsherw...@rgisolutions.com> wrote:
> Hello,

Hi!

> Doesn't most dictionary style attacks create a new request each time
> therefore creating a new ASO? Kind of like closing your browser and
> reopening it each time?

They are done by bots (programs), not people, so I guess you're right.

> If not this is a much better idea than mine of delaying the IP.

Your code was not delaying the IP, it was delaying the session. It's
not the same. Implement it using an application-wide map <ip, login
attempts> instead of relying on an ASO. This has another advantage:
you don't create a session when you don't need to.

--
Thiago