On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 9:49 AM, Peter Stavrinides
> I use an ASO as a token when signing users in, I use this small method to
> introduce a time delay (if there are multiple failed attempts, I increase the
> delay):

Your code doesn't delay the ASO, it delays the request processing. ;)
It prevents dictionary attacks against passwords, something everyone
should do.

> I haven't tested it much, but it seems to work great, I was just a bit
> worried if it would be thread safe or if I was doing something stupid.

ApplicationStateManager (the Tapestry service that handles ASOs) is
already thread-safe (it uses ConcurrentHashMap), so I guess you don't
need to worry. ;)

--
Thiago