As a sort of nitpicky aside... does URLRewriterService have to be called that? (Since we're still in new feature api-change mode, here... :). What about just URLRewriter? Or URLRewriteHandler? Either of those seem to gel a little more with existing naming (plus we then don't have the redundancy of org.apache.tapestry5.*services*.URLRewriter*Service* (with * added for emphasis).

Just a thought...

Robert