I will echo Kranga's #1 and #2 and add a couple. I'm all for
convention over configuration, but when you have to dig out the
convention out of source code, mailing list, or somewhere else, I'd
wish I had a well defined interface that I could just implement. The
not-so-pojo aspect becomes too apparent when you have to write some
test cases against the said components and you start scratching you
head about "now, how do I make all of those magical annotations work
if I don't do the whole IoC bit where it will inject everything".

One additional difficulty is that T5's model is so different in
respect to AJAX that it takes a while to wrap (or warp) your head
around what you need to do in order to do something seemingly simple
w/ a known Javascript framework (e.g. think Dojo, Prototype, jQuery).
There are a plethora of people out there that know how to make up a
snazzy ajaxy interface; however, when it comes down to T5 you have to
jump through a couple of hoops just to get the URL to which the Ajax
code will hook into (e.g. the componentResources.createPageLink ,
createEventLink, etc). Componetization support and all within T5  is
nice, but when you have to climb a big hill of learning a lot of T5
before you can do a silly autocompletion example for Dojo or jQuery,
it just makes it harder than necessary. Certainly not a boon.

Finally, it's great that T5 is so well decomposed into small
interfaces , so that you can override anything you want. However, too
many small classes/interfaces + a bunch of dependencies on each other
(which are really easy to do when IoC can magically inject
dependencies for you) starts being a drag when you want to
implement/override one, and then you realize that in order to do one,
you need to figure out a bunch more things that need to be injected
(or something like that). It's really easy to get into a rabbit hole
of "oh, I wanted to implement this one thing, now I have to understand
these other three before I can implement the first one"

Otho,
   I don't think the point of this thread is for us to prove that the
issues that are brought up are not actually issues. The fact that
people bring them up, means that those issues still exist. I doubt
that someone will go through the trouble of typing up a big email
regarding his troubles w/ T5 if these were not issues that he/she has
dealt with.

Cheers,

Alex K