On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 11:14 AM, Onno Scheffers<o...@piraya.nl> wrote:
> If Tapestry doesn't depend on any framework at all (just plain Javascript),
> extensions based on Prototype will still work if the libraries are included
> into the pages. It just means Tapestry can do without it.

IMHO, the whole Prototype/jQuery compatibility problem is that both
define a $() function and they work differently, so you can't use code
based on both of them at the same time without modification. Some time
ago I used a jQuery color picker in a project. Even using the
jQuery.noConflict() method, I still needed to replace $() fror
jQuery() in the color picker code. If Tapestry was based on jQuery and
I wanted to use Scriptaculous or any other code based on Prototype, I
would need to do the same thing.

same name) both with different functionalities screwed us.

On the other hand, a workaround would be add some request filter or
dispatcher that detects jQuery plugins and replaces $() with jQuery().

--
Thiago